Friday, August 9, 2013

Catawba Chiefs Club- Auction

  I just participated in the 2013 Catawba Chiefs Club auction at Goodman Gym on the Catawba College campus last night.   There were probably 200 people there, mostly alumni and staff of Catawba College, supporting the athletic department with a Silent Auction of various gifts and prizes. 
Catawba Chiefs

It was a crazy time, people mulling over all of the merchandise and offers, things like autographed posters, books, and sports memorabilia.  They had an Arnold Palmer autographed poster, Dick Vitale autographed collection of book, poster, and basketball, a Catawba College football helmet lamp, all kinds of local and chain restaurants, tickets to the Panthers, Bobcats, and others.

 I was privileged to donate three one-hour guitar lessons to some worthy person who won my auction bidding.  I will soon find out the identity of this "lucky" person. (!)   Thanks to Jackie Harris of United Way of Rowan County for contacting me and allowing me to participate in this wonderful event.  I look forward to doing it again next year !
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment